AEWC Ltd is an independent ecological consultancy based in West Sussex. With over 30 years’ combined experience in ecology and environmental conservation, our small team of expert consultants are well versed on projects ranging from large scale infrastructure to small-scale domestic works.
Why choose us?
AEWC has an extensive client base ranging from large engineering firms to homeowners. Having worked with so many clients on such a vast array of projects has allowed us to fine-tune our survey methods to be scalable to suit every situation.
Some benefits of choosing AEWC:
- Daniel holds a Low Impact Class License ()
- We are experienced in complex mitigation design and have a strong track record of approved planning applications
- We have experience working closely with Annex II species
- We provide training and advice to agencies such as Natural England (the for England who deal with protected species licensing) – as well as the Bat Conservation Trust, and other ecological consultancies
- We offer a personal, pragmatic approach to surveying and recommendations
Meet The Team
Director | Principal Ecologist
Daniel is the director of AEWC Ltd and founder of the Bat Conservation and Research Unit, a professional ecologist for over 10 years and was instrumental in the development and field trials of the Sussex autobat. Daniel has radio tagged all 17 UK bat species and has expert knowledge of a wide range of species notably barbastelle, Bechstein’s, grey long-eared and Alcathoe. Daniel provides training and advice to many organisations including Natural England and the Bat Conservation Trust.
Brigitte de Coriolis